...I bet i am bleeding for all, a heavy heart inside of me...
SHRINES OF DYING LIGHT
The beginning of Shrines of Dying Light was personal development. Caused by different reasons but united by the same destination, the band has been founded in summer 2016 by vocalist and rhythm guitarist Julian and lead guitarist Roman as a side project. Shortly after founding the band bass player Roger and drummer Michael joined the band. As the four musicians resonated well with each other, the side project developed into a full grown, ambitious and unique Doom Metal band.
The music of Shrines of Dying Light pulled towards a niche pretty soon: melancholy. The sound of the four musicians is soft and hard at the same time, aggressive and calming. Their lyrics include deepest abysses and desires, work up philosophic thoughts while the meanings are transported very intimate and personal. Doom Metal fans may find elements of classic 90-ies Doom in their music, still they have a new and special interpretation of this genre.
Their debut album «Insomnia» has been self produced and released in august 2018. After some shows ins Switzerland, the musicians decided to produce another record. Made in the own studio again and heavily affected by corona virus, «Sadness» has emerged and will be published in november 2020.
...more chapters to come - write the story with us.
REFERENCES AND LINKS
Who we worked with:
- Negative White, Review about METAL_FLOWMOTION in may 2018.
- BurnYourEars Webzine, Review "Insomnia"" with 8/10 rating
- Interview with Julian in the 23rd issue of ukrainian Extreme Metal zine Atmosfear Magazine
- Bloodfest Switzerland: "[...] one of Switzerland’s best Doom Metal bands"
- SWity.de (German local news site): Interview with Julian about his hometown
- Chart Placement: Insomnia on #121 in iTunes Swiss Album Charts / #18 in iTunes Swiss Rock Album Charts (23th of november 2018)